On Sunday October 18, 2015 I attended the 50 Plus Living Show in Winnipeg. It is “The Show Designed with Baby Boomers and Seniors in Mind.” It was held at the Assiniboia Downs Saturday 10-5pm, and Sunday 11-5pm. Parking for the event was $5.00, but when I presented my parking voucher at the front door, they took it and and that was my entry into the event. I was there for over three hours!
There were many tables on skin care (anti-aging), travel, financial/wealth management, and home health products. There were also a number of other different and interesting services and products such as realtors, health supplements, and jewelry. There were three rows with tables on each side, the length of the building. I estimate about 45 tables. There was also entertainment and speakers.
I picked up many brochures and received many free treats such as chocolate candies and Werther’s. I even got a bottle of water and an apple and some hand sanitizer. Many tables were giving out nice pens, too. I had my back scanned by a chiropractor, and tried samples of skin care products. I even got a sitting shoulder and back massage!
I entered many free draws, there was even a draw for an Apple Watch!
Here are some of the tables (and people) I visited and/or chatted with (in no particular order):
- Canada One Travel (Evelyn Sinclair, MCC Cruise Specialist). http://canadaone.travel
- Riverwood Square (Lindsay Girouard, Health and Wellness Director). www.riverwoodsquare.com
- Edward Jones: Making Sense of Investing (Blake Abbott, Financial Advisor). www.edwardjones.com
- Dignity Memorial (Robert “Bob” Hughes, Family Services Counselor). Ph: 204-222-3241
- Rodan & Fields Skincare Solutions (Linda Russell). www.ltrussell.myrandf.com/ca
- Liberty Athletic and Medical Supplies. www.libertymed.ca
- We Care Home Health Services (Pam Fox, Regional Manager, Community Relations Manitoba). www.wecare.ca
- Heat in a Click (Adam Sawyer). www.heatinaclick.com/ca
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (I purchased two $5.00 tickets to St. Vital Centre’s Behind Closed Doors Sale on Sat. Nov. 14, 2015 from 7pm – 10:30pm). www.cbcf.org
- Nerium International Skincare (Jessica Heathcote). http://jheathcote.nerium.com
- Dr. Kimberly Barton of Canteenwala Chiropractic (I had a free posture scan done). www.canteenwalachiropractic.com
- PopRx – A Free Pharmacy/Medication Tool App. They were featured on Dragon’s Den. (I entered to win an Apple Watch!) www.poprx.ca
- Young Living Essential Oils (Taralyn Eddy). I entered to win a travel pack! www.essentiallygrowing.com
- Heritage Massage Health Made by Hand. I had a free shoulder and back massage, sitting in a massage chair! 1297 Jefferson Ave. Ph: 204-632-4080
- Synergy Elite Health (Ortho-Bionomy – Mary Thiessen). I had a free Wellness Test Report – but my fingers were too cold for it to work. It shows how much plaque is built up in your arteries. I tasted a sample of her Proargi-9+. It was good. www.marbensales.ca and www.theNOeffect.com
- Thrive by Le-Vel (Wilma Fuchs, Brand Promoter). http://wfuchs.Le-Vel.com
- Timeshare Exit Team. timeshareexitteam.com (The representative said if I find someone who wants to sell their timeshare and I refer them, I get $150.00!)
- Carolyn Menaar, Realty Executives First Choice. She has a Senior Real Estate Specialist Designation. Ph: 204-885-8999
- Carolyn gave me a brochure on Top 10 Aging in Place Design Tips from Two30Nine Living Space Solutions by Decor in Morden, Manitoba www.two30nine.com
- Nucerity International Skincare (Tricia Soucy-Phillips). www.triciarae.mynucerity.biz/nuca
- Epicure. www.patmyron.myepicure.com
- Clarity Over Clutter (Suan Macaulay). www.clarityoverclutter.ca
- National Bank Financial Wealth Management (Clinton Orr). www.nbfwm.ca
- Cardio Screens Lifeline to Health (Rick Drury). www.scoopandsave.com
- Sell Off Vacations Lowest Price Guaranteed. www.selloffvacations.com
- Thirty-One Gifts Canada (Rachael MacDonald)
- WestCare Health Supplies Ltd.; Abena Canadian Distributor. (Sharon Ponton-Ezako, Incontinence Specialist). www.westcarehealthsupplies.com
- CARP – A new vision of aging for Canada (Rene Lewis, Co-Chair Winnipeg West Chapter #47) www.carp.ca
- Manitoba Association of Senior Centres (Connie Newman, Executive Director) www.manitobaseniorcentres.com
- Kennedy Cognitive Services, Inc. www.kennedycognitive.com
- Winnipeg Free Press (Julie Klym, Kiosk Manager)
There were a few other tables that I didn’t get to, such as Juenesse (http://www.agelessiq.com/) and Investor’s Group and some other skin care tables. There was also a group promoting a new housing community in Dugald.
I made some great business-to-business connections and learned a lot about what the 50+ crowd is looking forward to (I turn 50 in 5 months). Seems like travelling, financial management and avoiding wrinkles wins the prize. 🙂
I am looking forward to enjoying my new connections and learning more about the above-noted services and products. I will definitely attend and network again next year!
Angela G. Gentile, MSW, RSW